Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 5

This morning was the first day of losing the weight that I started with. The real weight. I cannot believe it.... I stepped on that scale this morning and was 3 lbs down!!!!! Exactly 3 lbs. That's an insane amount of weight to be lost in one night. I am a happy camper today. My stomach feels and looks thinner too. My mom even noticed.
You may not realize that I've been blogging every morning about the day before. My schedule just works out better that way. So, I'll tell you that Day 4's hunger was way better then Day 3. I think it's more psychological than physical anyway. Yesterday's hunger probably got up to a 3 out of 10. Not bad at all. And the first low cal day's hunger, I would say, got up to a 6. So that's still pretty manageable. I think that the worst part for me is the feeling like I'm detoxing. Fat stores toxins and when that fat separates from their deposits and gets burned up, bodies feel crappy until it detoxes. I've been a happy clam during the day and a crazy bitch in the evening. I try really hard to stay chill but it boils up within me. Maybe the fat stores crabbiness as well. :)
I was reading about genetic obesity last night and learned some amazing stuff. Like it can be detected in a normal sized child by certain areas of their bodies having small pockets of fat. I certainly recognized a few of these in my body as a child. And I didn't have much energy either. I had a tough time keeping up with my friends and cousins. It's great to understand all this considering I've been eating really healthy for about 8 years with no results. And I see my sister Mindy eating Little Debbies and staying tiny. Both Amy and I were kids with tummies. Poor kids, we never had a chance.......until now. :)
I probably won't feel much hunger at all today but I'll let you know tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment