Friday, July 17, 2009

Skip day (no injection)

O.k., it's definitely a little un-nerving that I gained another .4 lb today. That brings me to a whole pound gained. A whole pound of water weight gain? That seems like a lot. I wonder if this is how it is for other woman during their period. I wonder if the fat is still burning in my body underneath all that water. I guess I'll find out in the days to come.

I had a great conversation with my nurse friend Leah about the shots. She said that the HCG would be more easily absorbed by the body if I could get it into the muscle. But, that would be doubtful with the little 1/2 inch long needle I have. I admit that the thought of going into the muscle really freaked me out, but the next day, my mom and I tried our best with what we had. I'm no longer freaked out by it. I have no idea if it worked or not, but I will get a longer needle for the next round in January. What we did was really pulled my thigh as taut as I could. Then my mom poked in the needle, pulled back a little bit to see if she hit a vein, and plunged. Leah said that in all her years as a nurse that she'd never hit a vein. Blood would come up when you pull back on the plunger if you did. I guess I thought maybe it would really hurt to go into the muscle. But it didn't at all. These shots don't hurt at all. That's the scariest part of this diet for most people, including me. But I'm telling you. I've had them on my arm, thigh and hip and it's never hurt. I've never had a problem. And people with diabetes do it all the time. Yet, it's funny that I still can't inject myself. I felt better that even though Leah is a nurse and has injected people hundreds of times, she had a really tough time injecting herself as well. I'm not alone in my unruly anxiety.

I'm already almost half way through this round of shots. Time flies when your getting thinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment