Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Day 17

I woke up at 193 this morning which puts me at a 13.4 lb weight loss. It is so cool to see it just melt away.

It has been drawn to my attention that I need to do more explaining of what the phase 2 protocol requires and what I'm eating. These are the days after the first 2 gorging days and the whole rest of the time of taking the injections. For me that is 40 days. The VLCD (very low calorie diet) portion of the diet allows this:

-Skip breakfast, but coffee with stevia is allowed. I laugh at the 1 tbsp of milk you can use daily. I don't even bother. But I am a fan of the chocolate stevia.
-Lunch consists of 100 grams of lean meat and 1 or 2 cups of 1 kind of veggie. The list of allowable veggies is fairly short. But I try to keep a good variety in my week.
-Dinner 100 grams of a different lean meat or seafood than you had for lunch and 1 to 2 cups of a different veggie.
-2 Melba toasts anytime you want. I like to have them with my meal. It makes me think I'm more satisfied for longer. I just felt irritated when I used them for an in-between meal snack being that it's a small cracker. Yeah, like that's gonna fill me up.
-2 fruits. You can have an apple, 7 med strawberries, an orange or 1/2 grapefruit. Sometimes I will have an apple as my breakfast if I feel hungry.
-As much water and tea and coffee as you want.
-The juice of 1 lemon is allowed. Sometimes I cook with it and sometimes I make lemonade with stevia.
-You can use salt, pepper, and many other herbs and spices as long as it doesn't have any sugar in it. Sugar can be hidden in strange places so read all labels. My favorite seasoning is Costco brand organic salt free seasoning. It's yummy on everything, especially shrimp and veggies.
-Some recommend taking 2 tbsp a day of apple cider vinegar. I try to include that in my veggies on most days.

That's it. I'll talk more about phase 3 when I get there. And in the days to come I will post food pics and go into more detail about what I'm eating and what I'm using on my skin. Stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment