Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 22

Sorry I skipped a day yesterday. I was thinking that maybe I'd start blogging every other day because I'm running out of things to say. Anyone who knows me will be absolutely shocked to see that coming from me.

Yesterday was a bummer in that I gained .6 lb due to a mishap with sunscreen. I was spending the day with my son at the pool and I was careful to bring only recommended oil free sunscreen. I brought Alba for my son. I had learned a big lesson the last time I went to the pool that I have to put on the sunscreen often or else I will burn so fast and so furious. This time I had an 80 spf which was recommended to me by my super fair sister in law. "Mexico tested, gringa approved" she said. But as the day progressed I could feel my skin holding in that heat. It was becoming red, hot and splotchy and I was getting nervous. I was spraying the suncreen almost constantly, but it wasn't working for me. Finally, not thinking at all about the diet, I had my son put the Alba on my back and shoulders which seemed to work like a charm. My son is 8, so of course he put on a gallon of the stuff so my back was totally white. That would be the .6 lb that I gained right there. I remembered the diet shortly after and tried getting as much off in the shower as I could.

Today was better, I lost 1.2 lbs again which puts me back at 15.6 lbs lost all together. My weight is 190.8 and I'm really loving this loss, but I admit that I'm definitely frustrated by the setback.

No comments:

Post a Comment