Thursday, July 9, 2009

Day 12

Wow! What a great night I had with my family yesterday. And this morning I am so thankful to see a .2 weight loss. Which puts me at an even 9 lbs. down. I may have given up a pound last night. I'm just going to have to suck it up and move on. This is what happened. My brother and his fiancee have a baby on the way. Lacy is due in November. They were also set to have a wedding Sept 5th. Last night I was told that we were having a meeting about the wedding and also making invitations at my parents house. So I packed up my kids and went down. Feeling lazy I went with no makeup, my hair was a mess and I was wearing a tank top with a ripped hem that showed my bra straps. Keep that in mind when I tell you that as soon as I walked in the door Lacy came to me and whispered that my step mom is reading the announcement. The announcement said that they eloped. When? "Oh in about a half an hour" said Lacy. Leslie (step mom) and I flipped. We went into a mad rage to get ready. The officiant was on her way! I threw on some mascara, raided Leslie's closet, tried to wrap my head around it all, and it was on. It was in the same spot I got married 6 years ago. It was beautiful. My brother found himself a wonderful family and I am so happy for them. I'm also thankful to have a new sister in law that is also a friend, with 2 great new nieces whom I adore.
So yeah, good BBQ and cake. That' s how it happened. I don't regret it. And it was a tiny amount that I munched...happily.

No comments:

Post a Comment