Saturday, June 27, 2009

Day 1

My starting weight is 206.4. I took my measurements this morning and had Matt take some sad pics in my underwear. I had my first shot this morning as well. My sister Amy has already done this diet and getting ready for her second round. She's always had a fear of needles, even passing out at the doctor's office. But somehow she got up the nerve to give herself the injection everyday. I thought "if she can do it, I can do it". Wrong! I tried. I did. I said affirmations that I'm a strong and courageous woman. I even imagined myself in the jungle with a horrible disease and this little shot was the antidote. It was life or death. But my brain can't be so easily lied to. I think that the reason it was so hard for me was that I knew that Matt and my mom were home and both fully capable of doing it for me. Matt chickened out so I had my mom do it. And when she did, I was blown away that there was no pain at all. None! I couldn't even feel the needle go in. I thought maybe she missed. I'm thrilled at that realization and I'm going to give it another try tomorrow. I think doing it myself is the best option.
So today I'm supposed to eat as much fat as possible. I had a great big fattening breakfast. An omelet filled with veggies and smothered in avocado, salsa, cheese and sour cream. I made bacon and bagels with cream cheese. And now I am too full to eat lunch. It's 1 o'clock and my kids are begging me to go to the restaurant we were planning and I'm not feelin' it. Not at all. If only this could be one of those days where I could eat ANYTHING in my site. But no, I haven't felt that way all week. Eating has just been a chore. Obviously this phenomenon is rare being that I've got about 60 lbs to lose. My friends and family know I can take it down with the best of 'em. Bad timing stomach...geez!
I'm not going to weigh myself again for a few days. I know that I will gain some weight during this next few days and I'd rather not even know how much. Maybe when I've lost some major weight, I'll feel better about posting those previously mentioned pictures but for now, as my pants feel tight enough to make me a little nauseous, I think I'll pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment